Recover Files from Memory Card Before Formatting
Memory card is a popular portable storage device which is used in electronic gadgets like Mobile phone, camera, camcorders etc to store valuable information like photos, documents, videos etc. As soon as you store your files on memory card, they will become more essential than the gadget, in which it is placed. At the same time more use of a memory card increases the probability of losing files. There are many reasons due to which users lose files from memory card like file system corruption, accidental deletion and more. If a memory card file system is corrupted then it becomes inaccessible due to which user lose his data. Normally in such situation every one prefers to format the memory card to get rid of corruption. But there is no need to format the memory card as you can still recover data present in the corrupted card by using format recovery tool which has the capability to recover files from memory card without formatting.
Scenarios that lead to memory card corruption:
- File system corruption: If the file system of the memory card gets corrupt due to abrupt removal of memory card, power failure etc, then it leads to inaccessibility of memory card. In situations like this you can make use of memory card format recovery tool which knows how to recover file from memory card without formatting.
- Abrupt transfer of files: When you are transferring files from memory card to other storage device like hard drive. If there is any interruption in the transfer process it leads to corruption of memory card.
- Due to virus attack: If the memory card is connected to a system which is severely infected by virus, then it may lead to memory card corruption. Hence memory card becomes inaccessible, then to retrieve file from memory card without formatting you can make use of recovery tool.
- You can overcome above all above scenarios without formatting by using memory card repair tool which knows how to recover files from memory card without formatting.
Key features of the software:
- It is good in handling formatted external hard drive recovery. For more information about recovery of external drive click on this link: www.formatrecovery.net/external-hard-disk.html.
- You can restore data from not only memory cards but also other drives like hard drives, USB drives, etc.
- You can retrieve files from a formatted disk on Mac; you can use this link http://www.formatrecovery.net/disk-mac.html to know how to recover formatted disk on Mac.
- The tool has competent algorithm to scan the formatted drive.
- Software has separate builds to restore files for Windows and Mac.
- You can also use this utility to recover formatted hard drive. For more details on formatted HDD recovery visit this link: http://formatrecovery.net/hard-drive.html.
Steps to know how to recover files from memory card not formatted:
Step 1: Download and install memory card photo recovery software on your computer. Insert the memory card onto the computer and launch the software. The home page of the wizard will get open. Select Recover Photos as shown in Fig1 and then click on Recover Deleted Photos .
Step-2:Select the drive i.e. your memory card and click "Next" option as shown in Fig2.
Fig2: Select Drive
Step-3: When recovery of deleted photos gets completed, you can preview them either in "File Type View" or "Data Type View" as in Fig3.
Points to remember:
- Always take backup before formatting.
- After formatting do not use the drive to avoid overwriting of files.
- Use good antivirus tool to keep system virus free.
- Check twice before formatting any drive.